Mobile UX/UI designer - Part time Contract
Jtribe is a mobile app product development company based in the Melbourne CBD. We are a group of designers and developers that are passionate about what we do. We are service design, not throw away campaigns. We use data and research to influence design decisions. We create apps that have real world impact and solve problems for real people.
We believe in creating meaningful apps by distilling complex requirements into simple, elegant solutions. We get excited about beautiful design, world class quality and a deeply engaging user experience. We have created apps that are used by more than 7 million people around the world, including apps for a big-four bank, the Australian Open, Movember and many more.
Reporting to our Head of Design, you will utilise your full range of UX, UI skills to create thoughtful user experiences within our agile work environment. The role demands great execution, bold innovation, obsession with quality, and a relentless pursuit to solve customer problems in a test, learn, iterate methodology.
As a generalist, you’ll will be involved in contributing to design sprints, both at a workshop/discovery level and in implementation.
The right candidate will have strong communication skills and a passion for learning about the whole creative process, from project discovery, to execution.
Please provide in your application an example of a project that demonstrates your design and critical thinking skills (eg. how you got from design problem A, and arrived at design solution B).
In this role, you will:
- Create information-architecture, workflow diagrams, wireframes, proof-of-concepts and interactive prototypes
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and specifics of the user-centred design process
- Create high quality visual designs supported by great typography, grids and colour theory
- Work closely with engineers to discuss feasibility and design implementation.
- Demonstrate your understanding of both IOS / Android design systems and guidelines
- Work on-site in a highly collaborative environment
- UX- Axure, invision
- Design- Sketch, Zeplin, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Interaction design- Principle, After effects, Marvel
We're committed to jtribe being a company where the best designers want to work, we encourage experimenting with the creative tools and design methodologies that are best suited for the job. Working alongside Melbourne’s best of breed talent will ensure you’ll be pushed to perform at your best and sharpen your creative skills.
No matter what we do, it’s guided first and foremost by an obsession over being fair, humane, kind, and treating each other like family. Here's some of the benefits you can expect working for jtribe:
- Opportunity to work on high profile apps that make a difference
- 2 minutes from Flinders Street station, and close to fantastic cafés and restaurants
- Professional but relaxed work environment
- Being part of great team with smart, creative and passionate co-workers
- Career progression and guidance from supportive colleagues